December 24, 2020

Goodbye Discover Albia (2010-2020)


I apologise for somewhat dampening the spirit of the day, but it has recently come to my attention that the beloved Creatures blog, Discover Albia, has now sadly closed for good. I'm unaware of how complete the Wayback Machine has it archived, nor Jessica's policy on sharing her content, but hopefully somebody will have them archived somewhere.
Discover Albia was a fantastic resource for all things Creatures and Jessica's passion was truly inspiring, and it was actually her blog that inspired me to turn my current website into a blog, which is now The Norn Nebula

To be perfectly honest, Jessica's 2015 post and 2016 departure left a bad taste in my mouth, especially since the person responsible for making her feel uncomfortable still served as a moderator at Creatures Caves for many years following Jessica's accusations, and very little seemed to have been done to heal the rift in the community at the time. I'm hopeful things have moved on since then. It's just a shame we had to lose one of our best members in the process.

Regardless, one should never say never, and sincerely hope Jessica returns some time in the not so distant future. In the meantime, I urge people who downloaded content from Discover Albia to contact CariTheKitty of Eem Foo's Archive, as there may be content that was lost when the site closed.

 On another note, I hope everyone enjoys the holidays, and has a fun and safe time!

1 comment:

  1. it closed down the same day that i first went on it ):

    ReplyDelete