April 21, 2019

A Decade of The Norn Nebula

I hope everybody is enjoying their Easter! I figured that I might as well make a new post for the Norn Nebula as things have been a little quiet recently, and it would be nice to breathe a bit of life back into the blog.

I was originally unsure about the title of this blog, as I, rather embarrassingly, don't know the exact date of The Norn Nebula's conception, apart from it was around a decade ago in early 2009. Those who will remember it will know I originally used Webs.com as a host, which was rather inadequate, to say the least: the website editor took an absolute eternity to load and I could never get a website layout that looked satisfactory to me. I mostly abandoned the website, although in 2010 I did launch a short-lived forum. Unfortunately like most Creatures forums, it soon died a death and I deleted it the following year.

Due to large amount of Creatures blogs appearing in 2011 I decided to look to relaunching the website as a blog as opposed to a traditional website, as I believed this looked a lot cleaner and was easier for me to update. Shortly after I finished high school I set to work on the blog, and from then on began using it as my main area for sharing Creatures-related content. I eventually deleted the webs.com website - I did have an archive saved somewhere but cannot for the life of me remember where I saved it.

Since its inception to the present day a lot has happened in my life - I went to college, we got new pets, I lost loved ones, and in a way the blog has sort of been at my side my entire life. I may not be as active as I once was, but I am happy with what The Norn Nebula has become and hope that I may be able to keep it up and running for many years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment