March 14, 2019

Nearly a Decade of The Norn Nebula

Due to my interest in Creatures hitting a bit of a low, along with real life commitments and not being able to think of anything to talk about, The Norn Nebula has been left silent since around August last year, and while I don't have anything particular to announce, I think it would be nice to have another blog post after such a long period of inactivity.

My main issue with writing blog posts is motivation, along with thinking of things to write. Usually I have loads of thoughts swimming around in my head during the day, but as soon as I sit down at my computer they completely evaporate and I sometimes find it a bit difficult to think of things to talk about, which can be quite frustrating. This has been a problem for quite a while and I have no idea if it is mental health-related or not, but I've still tried to soldier on regardless.

Earlier this year I was busy working on a new genetic breed, which are essentially a C3 edition of my Albian Ant Norns which I released years ago. Unfortunately I lost interest in them, but their files are still up so I can resume them when I suddenly feel the motivation to do so. It might be nice to have them out for the Norn Nebula's tenth anniversary, but we'll see.

The blog's Discord server has been running for just over two years and I have seen it grow immensely. Sadly, we did have quite a few individuals who seemed to want to ruin it for others, but these have all been dealt with. Those who frequent the blog will have noticed I removed the "Kreatures - My Views" post, and this was mainly to avoid attracting any more potential drama to the blog or server, and to be quite frank I'd rather let sleeping dogs lie regarding this particular user.

With regard to content posted on the blog, I've considered possibly starting up reviews, or the "Download of the week" section again, as I quite enjoyed doing them in the past, and it would also provide a good information resource for the Creatures Community.

When The Norn Nebula/Docking Station Galaxy does turn ten (which is this May, I believe) I will most definitely be trying to do a blog post announcing it. Despite the inactivity this blog means a great deal to me - I've been through so much in the past decade and yet this blog has always remained as a sort of beacon of hope in some ways. Hopefully it will remain this way for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment