May 26, 2018

Kreatures - My Views

DISCLAIMER: Please keep in mind that the following blog post consists entirely of my own views. If you disagree with me, then that's fine, but please do not post abusive comments or insults.

I also do apologise for the negative tone of this blog post, but I strongly believe it is something that certain community members need to be aware of.

As many of you will know, a fangame based around the Creatures series has been in development for a few months. Known as Kreatures, the game aims to bring the creatures games to a more modern standard. With the fact that Spil Games is not actively working on Creatures Family for the time being, this may be the closest thing we will get to a Creatures sequel.

However, the positivity ends there, I'm afraid. The developer of the project, Geat_Masta (Or Geatmaster), has proven himself to be against everything the Creatures community stands for, in regards to his personal attitude and views. From just one glance at his YouTube channel, one can see that he has subscribed to numerous far right figures, many of whom regularly spew vitriol and hatred towards minority groups. For this reason along with several others which I am not compelled to speak about, I strongly believe that it is important that community members are well aware of his own personal views before they consider endorsing his project, especially since the community itself has a very diverse range of people from many different backgrounds, religions and sexualities.

Geatmaster's Subscriptions include far-right hate preacher Tommy Robinson and bigot "Count Dankula", among others.
If anyone is looking to endorse alternative community-based projects, I highly recommend Albian Warp, which I believe I have previously spoken about on the blog in the past. It has gained a lot of momentum over the past few months and I'm really looking forward to seeing the warp return! You can find more information on Albian Warp here.

I probably won't be updating The Norn Nebula for quite some time now, but I hope people continue to enjoy it, especially since today marks its ninth anniversary! Time certainly flies doesn't it?

Update - 01/06/2018 
So I went looking on the Twitter feed for my YouTube Channel's Twitter account and came across these lovely messages that Geat_Master left me last year. I wasn't even aware of their existance until this evening:










 So yeah, this is the guy who is apparently going to be bringing us a worthy sequel to the Creatures series. Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment