- Download a hex editor (I recommend HexDen).
- Create a backup of your creatures2.exe file - in case there is a problem editing.
- Open creatures2.exe in HexDen.
- Press Ctrl+G and type 46760 (with the "hex" radio button selected)
- Make sure what follows the editing cursor is 55 - if it isn't, this probably won't work for you.
- Change the value (55) to C3.
- Press Ctrl+S to save the file.
- Run Creatures 2 as normal, through the launcher.exe.
February 01, 2012
How to run Creatures 2 on Windows 7 & Vista
Creatures 2 is infamous for being the only Creatures game that won't run on any of the new operating systems. This is extremely frustrating for many players, especially me (it was my first Creatures game) but fear not! Here is a fix for the problem, courtesy of user Deji: