April 16, 2017

A 2017 Update

I've noticed that the Creatures Community has been fairly quiet recently, but I have decided to return briefly just to give an updates of sorts in regards to the status of The Norn Nebula.

First of all rest assured that I won't be taking the blog down any time soon! The Norn Nebula has a lot of history, and I don't plan to ever throw it away, unless the inevitable happens. I'm quite dubious of Google and have suspicions they may plan on getting rid of blogger at some point, but for now everything is quite safe!

Now, onto the NornHub. I haven't streamed Docking Station in over a year, but when I go back to uni in September I will try to stream the game whilst I am away in class. I could perhaps stream when I go back to finish my studies in May, but I will have to wait and see what happens first!


The Norn Nebula will be celebrating its eighth birthday this May. This is counted from its first incarnation, Docking Station Galaxy, which was created in late May 2009 as the successor to a previous attempt at a Creatures website. Even more interesting is that next year will mark ten years since I joined the Creatures Community (has it really been that long?). I may plan on releasing a genetic breed to mark the occasion, so keep your eyes peeled!

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, the possibility of getting a stream going again is exciting :> And congrats on (almost) ten years! That's quite a milestone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you don't know me, and I don't know you, but good luck with your university stuff!

    I know it might be odd or rude of me to ask, but do you happen to have a working Genetics Kit for Creatures 1? All the links to the Genetics Kit and the Preview Kit seem to have the same broken installer files that result in a Genetics Kit that crashes once you try to edit a gene, at least when downloaded using a Windows 10 x64 OS.

    I'm trying to reach out to various members of the community that might have working files installed on their computer to copy-paste and share with me, so if you or anyone you know might have a functional Creatures 1 Genetics Kit (the Genetics Kit exe/cnt/hlp, chemicals txt/def and PoseName txt/def files), I'd be forever grateful for the help gathering up any of the intact files.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Neo Qwerty! And no problem, I'll have a look on my hard drives to see if I have a copy lying around.

      Delete
    2. I've had a kind soul hook me up with their files! Something seems to just be wrong with either my Windows install, or with Windows 10 x64 bit that crashes the Genetics Kit, I'm not sure now.

      But I've figured out how to run it fine in a virtual machine, so all is well again. Thanks for responding, though!

      Delete